+44 (0)1727 869141
Richard is a Chartered Tax Adviser Indirect Tax specialist, he started his career in tax in 1995. Advising a variety of clients from multinationals to owner-managed smaller and medium-sized businesses through to start-ups, Richard has extensive experience of UK and international VAT across a broad range of industries. These include manufacturing, energy, electronics and charities. Additionally, he specialises in industrial and property / construction sectors, including those in the green energy sector and inventor-developer arena. Richard’s expertise is in removing VAT as a threat to business as well as making it work for business.
With extensive experience and success with issues around VAT recovery, Richard also advises clients on VAT cash flow management as well as minimizing VAT as a cost of sale to qualifying customers.
Coupled with his EU and international VAT experience, Richard’s knowledge of Customs duties has proved extremely beneficial for clients involved in or considering international trade.
Prior to joining Mercer & Hole in 2011, Richard gained his experience mainly in the Big Four practices in London and the South East.
- Find a Member
- Specialty Groups▾
- About Specialty Groups
- Audit & Assurance
- Best Practices & Firm Management
- Blockchain & Cryptocurrency
- Corporate and M&A
- Diversity and Inclusion in Leadership
- Financial Institutions and Markets
- Firm Administrators
- Forensic/Litigation Support
- Global Mobility & Immigration Law
- Government Investigations & White Collar Crime
- IP, IT & Cybersecurity
- Marketing & Business Development
- Real Estate / TAG Property
- Sports & Entertainment
- TAG Tax
- TAG Tax: International Tax (North America)
- TAG Tax: State & Local Tax (SALT)
- Transportation and Logistics
- Other Areas of Interest
- Success Stories▾
Developed in conjunction with Ext-Joom.com