Leamington Spa, Warwickshire, England
+44 (0) 1926 468705
+44 (0) 1926 450795
Simon is a corporate finance partner specialising in management buy-outs and buy-ins, business sales, acquisitions, finance raising, and providing strategic advice to shareholders, directors and private equity firms.
He studied at Balliol College, Oxford and qualified as a chartered accountant in 1993. Simon has worked in corporate finance for the last 18 years. He was a key member of Ernst & Young's Private Equity Team and, more recently, a partner at Baker Tilly, where he headed up the Birmingham Mergers & Acquisitions Team.
Simon has completed dozens of transactions across a range of sectors including manufacturing, specialist engineering, automotive, aerospace, healthcare, support services and IT. He was lead advisor on LDC's investment into Nuclear Engineering Services, a deal which secured the accolade of "Deal of the Year 2009" from Midlands funders and professionals. He also advised management on the buy-out of Cat Tech International, which secured Burgis & Bullock the title of "Leading Adviser of the Year" in Acquisition International's 2013 M&A Awards.
As a valuation specialist, he is a member of the Panel of Experts maintained by the President of the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England & Wales. Simon also holds the Institutue's Corporate Finance Qualification.
- Find a Member
- Specialty Groups▾
- About Specialty Groups
- Audit & Assurance
- Best Practices & Firm Management
- Blockchain & Cryptocurrency
- Corporate and M&A
- Diversity and Inclusion in Leadership
- Financial Institutions and Markets
- Firm Administrators
- Forensic/Litigation Support
- Global Mobility & Immigration Law
- Government Investigations & White Collar Crime
- IP, IT & Cybersecurity
- Marketing & Business Development
- Real Estate / TAG Property
- Sports & Entertainment
- TAG Tax
- TAG Tax: International Tax (North America)
- TAG Tax: State & Local Tax (SALT)
- Transportation and Logistics
- Other Areas of Interest
- Success Stories▾
Developed in conjunction with Ext-Joom.com