Schneider, Wolfgang J.
Wolfgang Schneider, born in 1953, is a German public auditor and certified public accountant. He advises business enterprises and wealthy persons on tax law and accounting. The companies he advises stem from a variety of branches such as transportation, machine manufacturing, real estate, petrochemical, and retail trade.
Typical matters handled by Mr. Schneider include:
- reorganizations of shareholdings and companies for the purposes of tax optimization;
- tax structuring of corporate income tax, trade tax, and VAT when buying and selling companies and shareholdings;
- structuring corporate successions, particularly the taxation aspects of them;
- preserving accumulated losses brought forward through various structured measures, e.g. by transferring them to the next generation;
- safeguarding clients’ interests in the event of audits (general audits, wage tax audits, and VAT audits) by the tax authorities, and in appeal proceedings;
- litigation before the tax courts, including the German Federal Tax Court;
- structuring transfer prices in the case of internationally operating companies;
- VAT issues, especially those relevant to cross-border deliveries and other work/services;
- wage tax issues from the employer’s point of view;
- preparing annual financial statements;
- statutory audits of the annual financial statements of companies and corporate groups;
- providing business management advice;
- preparing expert opinions on issues of business management, particularly for litigation proceedings.
Wolfgang Schneider studied business administration at the University of Applied Sciences of Pforzheim (Diplom-Betriebswirt FH). He has worked in the area of tax law and in the area of accounting since 1982. He became a German certified public accountant in 1987 and a German public auditor in 1989. Mr. Schneider has been with GGV since 1988. He is a member of the DUV, a German professional association focusing on all aspects of business taxation.
In addition to German (native language), he also speaks English.
- tax law
- preparing financial statements
- statutory audits of financial statements
- business management advice
- accounting law, corporate taxation
- personal income taxation, tax litigation
- corporate income taxation
- inheritance tax law
- international tax law
- criminal tax law
- VAT law
- law of business reorganizations (corporate)
- corporate succession.